Friday, February 18, 2011

Wheels

I know that this is long past Christmas holidays, but I have to do just one more blog on Viet Nam. The quintessential symbol of Viet Nam is not the cone hats or the pagodas. It is not the Mekong Delta or the charming river boats. The icon of Viet Nam is the motor bike. They are all over everywhere, clogging streets and sidewalks, filling parking lots, buzzing around you in the street. They are a sign of modernization and prosperity, and are symbolic of the spirit of industry and progress that is so vibrant among the Vietnamese people.

Even the pets get into the act with the motor bikes!


And finally, I have to add a picture of our friends, Sheila and Errol. If Sheila had not been teaching in Ho Chi Min City, I probably would not have thought about traveling to Viet Nam. I would have missed a wonderful travel experience. Thanks, Sheila. It was great to see you and have some time together.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Lil, I loved the pic of the Sharpei on the motorbike ... classic! It was wonderful to see you here ... next time in Canada, OK? Love to you and my birthday bro ...