Monday, September 20, 2010

Leaving Home

People always ask me, "Do you dread going back?" And I always reply,"Not at all. I look forward to getting back to Doha, to work, to all my friends and to new adventures." No, I don't dread going back, but I do hate to leave.
The weather in New Brunswick this summer was beautiful--warm, and sunny, perfect pool weather. I spent the summer watching the garden and the grass grow from my sunny veranda and biking back and forth from town.
I also made some new friends. A catbird couple had taken up residence in a shrub next to the deck and they visited me every day. The male would meow, meow in warning whenever I got too close to their home. He would hop onto the fence surrounding the pool and watch, his tail flicking up and down. I enjoyed their antics all summer, and finally got some pictures just before I returned to Doha.

No comments: